Completed Archer

Pattern: Archer Button-up
Size cut: 6
AlterationsShortened body and sleeves by 2” (shorted back even more), Flat felled side and sleeve seams, sewed a stay stitch at ¼” before hemming
Fabric Type: Flannel from Joanns
How it went: The sew-along was invaluable. I hardly looked at the instructions. I will definitely sew this again, but I'm going to alter a lot of stuff. Like, I know it's relaxed fit, but as a petite person, it's way too big for me. ALSO- snaps y'all. I put them in with a hammer and spool and it was SO HARD. The prongs sometimes bent the wrong way, and I have to remove the snap, bend the metal of the prongs back, and reinsert the snap. That said, I do love the look.

Next time, I'll probably cut a 2. I'll also shorten the back and sleeves even more than the 2" I did here.  I will also narrow the forearm portion of the sleeve, as when I don't fold them up, they look almost comically puffy. Think pirate-style.











Comments

Popular Posts